Mac Pro is the professional desktop computer reinvented from the inside out. Engineered around workstation graphics with dual GPUs, PCIe-based flash storage, high-performance Thunderbolt 2 I/O, new-generation Xeon processors, ultrafast memory, and support for 4K video, the new Mac Pro delivers state-of-the-art performance across the board.
Mac Pro 2013 Packaging
Before you even get the New Mac Pro 2013 out of the box you can already begian to appreciate the attention to detail that Apple is famous for.
The packaging design and execution is exquisite!
Right angle view of the exquisite packaging design
Every detail in the packaging is thought out thoroughly, even the security tape the seals the box.
Once you get past the styrofoam packaging the shiny black cylinder awaits you.
Mac Pro 2013 Design
The Mac Pro is a charcoal gray cylinder that stands about 10 inches high and reflects back a distorted, slightly menacing view of the world.
A cutout at the top of the cylinder creates a lip that acts as a handle.
Mac Pro 2013 advanced I/O technology
Most advanced I/O technology
• Six Thunderbolt 2 ports offer the fastest, most versatile I/O available
• Three independent Thunderbolt 2 controllers provides 20Gb/s throughput per port and support up to 36 devices
• Thunderbolt 2 supports displays and high-performance expansion devices including storage, 4K displays, and PCIe expansion chassis
• Four USB 3 ports, which are up to 10 times faster than and backward compatible with USB 2
• HDMI 1.4 port for easy connectivity to HDTVs and projectors, including the latest UltraHD (4K) displays
• Two Gigabit Ethernet ports let you connect to multiple networks.
Mac Pro 2013 Dual workstation-class GPUs standard
Dual workstation-class GPUs standard
• Dual AMD FirePro GPUs in every Mac Pro
• Each GPU connected to the system via a dedicated x16 gen 3 internal connection
• Up to 6GB of GDDR5 video memory per GPU and up to 2048 stream processors per GPU for tremendous graphics and compute performance
• Supports up to three 4K displays or up to six Thunderbolt display
Mac Pro 2013 PCIe-based flash storage
PCIe-based flash storage. We’re talking storage that’s up to 2.4 times faster than the fastest SATA-based solid-state drive and up to 10 times faster than a 7200-rpm SATA hard drive.
Mac Pro 2013 serious improvement over the old model
There are plenty of Windows-based workstations, certainly, but none are quite this small or quite this portable (many aren’t quite this quiet, either). The new Mac Pro is a serious improvement over the old model in every way, and is likely worth the upgrade